8 Reasons Your Face Should Love Avocados
To say that GREY loves avocados is a bit of an understatement. Besides being completely delicious, avocados have a surprising number of health benefits for your skin. We actually utilize this super fruit in both our HYDRATE | Men's Deep Hydrating Night Cream and PROTECT | Premium Men's Face Moisturizer products because of both its variety of virtues and effectiveness. Here’s why we love avocados so much:
- Magical Moisturizing. The natural oils in avocados seep into your skin and hydrate any dry areas from the inside out. Enjoy the effects as your skin’s eye-catching smoothness makes you stand out in any crowd.
- Soothing the Sun. Avocado has been known to reduce the chafing of sun damaged skin. By easing the pain in sunburned areas, avocados allow for you to recover more comfortably.
- Anti-aging. Avocados are rich in antioxidants and vitamins that aid in the reduction of wrinkles and other lines. Notably, Vitamin E has been proven to be effective in fighting and blocking the oxidizing fats that lead to evidence of aging.
- Natural Nourishment. The over 20 vitamins and minerals (including Vitamin C, E, K, and B) present in avocados give your skin an undeniable healthy glow.
- Creamy Cleansing. Because avocado oils penetrate deep into the skin, they actually have wondrous cleansing abilities you’ll be thankful for.
- Firm and Fair. Vitamin C is used in the skin’s production of elastin and collagen, 2 proteins that help maintain a firm and smooth appearance. Since avocados are notoriously high in Vitamin C, it’s no wonder we wanted to use it in our skincare line.
- Cover and Cure. Due to the anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties found in avocados, they can be used to treat a number of skin conditions (like psoriasis). Additionally, this fruit’s long-lasting effects ensure relief and protection throughout the day.
- Preventing Pimples. Avocado oil is rich in linoleic acid, an omega-6 fatty acid. The lack of linoleic acid in the skin’s sebaceous glands has been linked to acne problems. By providing the infusion your skin needs, avocados can actually help keep your skin clear.
It’s easy to see that avocados have some remarkable properties that make them a valuable ingredient in GREY’s HYDRATE | Men's Deep Hydrating Night Cream and PROTECT | Premium Men's Face Moisturizer. We hope that by reading this you’ve come to appreciate avocados as much as we do. Feel free to share your own avocado experiences in the comments below or with us on social media!